* Cognition = 100 - average - 12 month equivalency!!
* Language (Receptive and Expressive) = 112 - high average - 14 month equivalency!!!!!!!!
* Motor (Gross and Fine) = 88 - low average - 11 & 10 month equivalency
2. Gavin is having some feeding issues and we are now being referred to a feeding clinic.
3. He weighs (almost) 17 pounds!
4. He has low tone - which I completely disagree with - and his trunk is weak.
5. Much to everyone's surprise, Gavin said his name twice during the evaluation :)
6. I love that kid
7. We will go back in May for his last evaluation with the Infant Developmental Center. By May, Gavin's developmental age is supposed to be "caught up" to his actual age.
It was definitely an evaluation filled with mixed emotions. His weaker areas (gross motor and fine motor) are nothing new but he is starting to catch up in both areas. His cognition (intelligence) is measuring in the average range and I couldn't be happier! Rocky and I are not asking for a rocket scientist and we will gladly and appreciatively take average. I won't lie, the feeding issues are becoming extremely stressful and I wish I had the magic cure to fix it. The feeding clinic that we are being referred to has a three month waiting list. In the meantime, we will continue to work with Gavin at all meals and our OT continues to support us on a weekly basis.
As for me, after 15 1/2 months, I have finally decided that it is time that I speak to a professional about everything that has happened. I feel stuck and I have realized that time alone will not fix my problems. This is a gigantic step towards the acceptance stage - somewhere I would really like to be.